Welcome to the Word of Today

Welcome to the Word of Today. My prayer and desire for you and myself is to grow and become close friends with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I welcome your feedback or anything God has laid on your heart to share with me and other followers of this blog. Have a wonderful and blessed day today!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making the Right Decision Every Time

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of god may be adequate, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3: 16-17

I tell my real estate students to successfully complete the class and pass the state exam, it is critical to read all the material. This is a fairly thick book and a lot of information to remember. Students often complain that it is just too much to remember. I just encourage them to read the information. Within our brain we have a reticular activating system (RAS) which is located at the base of the brain. This part of the brain stores information as the brain receives it through any of the five senses. As long as you read the material, the brain will store it so we can retrieve it if we ever need it.

The Bible is a thick book with a lot of information as well. For many years, I did not read the bible very much. Not because I did not believe it or think it was useless. I just thought it was too much to read. I find now that the more I read it, the more I need and want to read it. God's desire is for everyone to have all they desire. God has said to ask in faith and you shall receive. We must be disciplined to know what is good and what is bad. Often times, we make bad decisions in our businesses and personal lives because the decision we made was not inspired by God.

Paul is instructing Timothy that all scripture is inspired by God. There will always be temptations to do things we should not do and so many times, these things may seem to make sense. The more you read and meditate on the inspired word of God, we will begin to make the right decision every time.

I encourage you to also read the first five versus of 2 Timothy, chapter 3. In the last days, without the inspired word of God, it will become more and more difficult to make the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful for us all if we all followed these words EVERY DAY... I think it is what Jesus referred to as living as "unto God"... Thanks for these reminders!

    ReplyDelete