Welcome to the Word of Today

Welcome to the Word of Today. My prayer and desire for you and myself is to grow and become close friends with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I welcome your feedback or anything God has laid on your heart to share with me and other followers of this blog. Have a wonderful and blessed day today!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dealing with Fear Today

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

So many have great fear today. As we see the things going on all around us in the world, for many, it can cause great fear. Fear is a God given emotion to protect us. Fear is used to convict our conscience when we do things we should not do. Most would not rob a bank because they fear the consequences when they are caught. If dad says not to do something, we don't do it out of fear of Dad finding out we disobeyed. This type of fear is good for us as it keeps our lives in check.

Often times, we allow fear to control our lives in the wrong way. We fear losing our jobs and not being able to provide for our family. We fear making a change or being forced to make a change. As I teach students in class the things they need to know to become a real estate agent, I can see and sense the fear in many of the students. They have fear about taking the exam and they have fear about failing in a new career. This type of fear is not good and will destroy relationships, families, careers, etc.

God says "do not have fear, for I am with you." As long as we are living within the will of God, we have no reason to fear anything. We could not have a greater guarantee in life than God. I tell students not to fear the exam. First we must pray that real estate is where God is leading us to be and if so, we must be diligent in all our preparation. We cannot fail in such a scenario. The same would apply when we get a real estate license. If we are in real estate because it is Gods will and we are diligent at what we do, we cannot fail. The same logic applies in everything we do.

Pray to God that you are doing what he has led you to do (not what you think you want to do). God would never ask you to do anything you cannot do and be very successful doing it. We do not need to fear things going on in this country and in the world. It is depressing to see the blatant disobedience of Gods commandments and a severe price will be paid for those that do not repent. Things are likely to get worse for the non-believers. But the children of God have nothing to fear!

Father, I pray that all I do today will be pleasing to you and in fulfillment of your will for me. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment