Welcome to the Word of Today

Welcome to the Word of Today. My prayer and desire for you and myself is to grow and become close friends with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I welcome your feedback or anything God has laid on your heart to share with me and other followers of this blog. Have a wonderful and blessed day today!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Starting a Business Requires Great Diligence

"The hand of the diligent will rule, But the slack hand will be put to forced labor." Proverbs 12:24

Working for yourself is much different then working for someone else. There is nothing wrong with having a job and working for others. That is what makes most people happy. But some would rather not work for others. So they seek to start a business of their own. Starting your own business will be one of the hardest things you will likely do.

As a Real Estate Agent and Educator, I work with hundreds of men and women every year wanting to start their real estate careers. It is very clear to me that most have no idea the diligence required to build a successful business. Some say they can only work certain hours or on certain days. They also must do this or must do that. The fact of the matter is that building a business does not lend itself to these demands. In other words, you will fail from the start.

You must be available and have the desire to do anything you need to do to create the success. Those that have jobs will likely have someone to tell them what to do, how to do it and when it must be complete. When you work for yourself, there is no one to tell you anything. This is why Solomon is saying that the Diligent (hard working and never give up) will rule and those that are not willing to put in the effort and time necessary will be forced to labor (work for someone else).

Father, give me the knowledge and wisdom to make good decisions for myself, my family and my business, and that all I do today will be pleasing in your eyes. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment