Welcome to the Word of Today

Welcome to the Word of Today. My prayer and desire for you and myself is to grow and become close friends with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I welcome your feedback or anything God has laid on your heart to share with me and other followers of this blog. Have a wonderful and blessed day today!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ask for whatever you wish!

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in me." John 15:4

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 15:7

As my pastor said a few weeks ago, we must put aside the American Dream and work harder on the Heavenly Dream. As you all know, I very much love practicing and teaching real estate. I have many goals in my business plan and work very hard, day in and day out to accomplish those goals. I also have a desire to acheive the American Dream. Although there is nothing wrong with a desire for the American Dream, Jesus said our dreams will not come true unless we "abide" in him. Abide means to comply with and obey. Jesus was never concerned about the American Dream, rather to please our Heavenly Father and to carry out his commandments.

We work so hard for the things that matter the least. Jesus said for us to abide in him and whatever I wish, it will be done for me. Perhaps we should abide in Jesus and have his words abide in us so we can have all those things we need. Success is built on relationships with friends. Jesus also said in John 15:14, "You are My friends if you do what I command you". True Friends love and care for each other so much that they are willing to lay down their life for each other, just as Jesus did for us. Spend today making friends and building relationships and you will find this day to be the most fulfilling day you will spend.

If we will spend the time and effort building the Heavenly Dream, you will find the American Dream will not be far behind. We must get our priorities in order before we can achieve the ultimate SUCCESS!!

I pray that today will produce new friends that I may share my Heavenly dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment